Here is a great info graphic from Allen over at YourLocalSecurity.
If you’ve been reading my posts lately, you know I’ve been battling with a bout of stress-induced insomnia. This is very timely and I’m thankful that Allen gave me a shout about it coming out.
In case the image isn’t working here are some of the tips in the infographic:
Health Risks of Not Sleeping
- 7-9 hours – recommended amount and improves both health and daily alertness
- 5-7 hours – the average amount of sleep per night for an american adult
- 0-5 hours – puts you at huge health risks …
- 2.5x higher risk of diabetes
- 45% higher risk for heart attack
- 12% higher risk of death
That caught my attention. Time to move to a different zone on that chart and get more sleep.
What stuck out to you in the infographic? Leave a comment and let’s hear it.